Which web technology investments are worth it?
If you’re wondering which IT investments you should make that will generate the highest return, you should think of yourself as a store manager. And then ask the following two questions: 1) How do we get customers into the door? and 2) How do we react when they’ve entered?
In IT terms, this means issues like:
· Do we have the ability to immediately add and edit the latest program offerings on our site?
· Can clients register and pay on our site? Is it a very easy process they can complete in under five minutes?
· Can we give a potential donor a way to learn about our field in an online interactive manner?
· Do we give volunteers an online way to feel that their service is being noted?
· Can information submitted online get automatically integrated with a database?
· Do we use that database to drive and track communication with our audiences?”
If your answer is “No” to any of these questions, you probably have found a candidate for a highly leveraged investment in your web technology. Here are three examples of projects my firm did recently that represent excellent investments in technology.
Integrating your website with your Salesforce database